Guest Blogger – Michelle Chettiath served as the Girl Up intern in 2014.
She’s smart. She’s passionate. And she’s taking the world by storm. Chelsea Clinton is a force to be reckoned with. Here’s why:
1. Her message. Chelsea is an inspiring speaker who leaves no room for question when it comes to what she stands for. She is an advocate for accessible healthcare, a champion for young philanthropists, and a powerful voice for girls everywhere.
2. Her career. Serving as vice chair of the Clinton Foundation, Chelsea works closely with the organization’s health programs and youth engagement efforts. She is also a special correspondent for NBC News and co-founder of the Of Many Institute at NYU.
3. Her smarts. Chelsea holds a B.A. from Stanford, a Masters in Public Health from Columbia, and is currently pursuing a doctorate at Oxford. Needless to say, Chelsea can back herself up.
4. This quote. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
5. She’s breaking ceilings. On April 17, Girl Up made a trip to the Lower East Side Girls Club in New York City to attend the first conversation of the No Ceilings project. Tag teaming with her mother, Hillary, Chelsea Clinton encouraged girls to support one another and to pursue their passions. Watch the full conversation here.
6. She’s a Clinton. Being a member of one of the most influential families in today’s world, Chelsea has harnessed her inherited platform and used it to empower individuals to join her in addressing some of the world’s toughest challenges.